Category Archives: Lure of Middle Earth

Game Variant: Bear Draft v9 at Con of the Rings 2023

With Con of the Rings 2023 fast approaching, it is time to post the updated version of the Bear Draft. At the Lure of Middle-earth in Germany earlier this year I had the pleasure of participating in a cooperative version … Continue reading

Posted in A Long-extended Party, Bear Draft, Community, Con of the Rings, Draft, Events, Game Variant, Live Play, Lure of Middle Earth, Multiplayer, Play Style, Series | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Homebrew: Forgotten Lore

Limited formats like the Bear Draft present a particular challenge to designing a balanced metagame. The card counts are skewed significantly by the overall size of pool and constraints on deck size. Common cards have only 3 copies in the … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Con of the Rings, Custom Cards, Draft, Events, Game Variant, Homebrew Cards, Live Play, Lure of Middle Earth, Multiplayer, Play Style, RingsDB, Series | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Celebration: A Decade of the Hall of Beorn

It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to. ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings Like many epic … Continue reading

Posted in A Long-extended Party, Austin Community, Books, Celebration, Community, Con of the Rings, Events, Fellowship Events, GenCon, Hall of Beorn Card Search, Legendarium, Live Play, Lure of Middle Earth, New Players, Patreon, Play Style, Series, The Grey Company | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Homebrew: Seal of the Steward

Card game balance is a delicate thing, especially when a game is first released. If the cards in a Core Set are too weak, quests will be too difficult and players will be bored with a lack of options. On … Continue reading

Posted in A Long-extended Party, Community, Custom Cards, Draft, Events, Game Variant, Legacy of Feanor, Lure of Middle Earth, Series | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Game Variant: Bear Draft v8 at Lure of Middle-earth 2023

The Lure of Middle-earth is a convention which features events for both the Lord of the Rings LCG and the Middle-earth CCG. It is held in castle Stahleck in Bacharach Germany and will take place next year from February 24th … Continue reading

Posted in A Long-extended Party, Bear Draft, Community, Draft, Events, Game Variant, Live Play, Lure of Middle Earth, Multiplayer, Play Style, Series | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 4 Comments

Discussion: Long are the Waves on the Last Shore

To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying. West, west away, the round sun is falling. Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling, The voices … Continue reading

Posted in Austin Community, Community, Con of the Rings, Contract, Discussion, Fellowship Events, GenCon, Lure of Middle Earth, Theme, Tribute | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 7 Comments

Game Variant: Bear Draft v5 at Lure of Middle-earth 2019

In less than a week, I will pack my bags and head out from the Hall on an adventure. I’m heading to Castle Stahleck for the Lure of Middle-earth 2019 Convention. If I’m going to travel half way around the … Continue reading

Posted in Bear Draft, Community, Draft, Game Variant, Lure of Middle Earth, Metagame, Multiplayer, Theme | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments