Category Archives: Community

Surviving the Siege of Annúminas

The Austin LotR group held our Fellowship event over the weekend and it was a great success. We had 7 people in attendance, and after a couple of false-starts we were able to survive and hold off the Hosts of … Continue reading

Posted in Austin LotR Group, Community, Fellowship Event, Fun, Multiplayer | Leave a comment

A new Power is rising

He drew himself up then and began to declaim, as if he were making a speech long rehearsed. The Elder Days are gone. The Middle Days are passing. The Younger Days are beginning. The time of the Elves is over, … Continue reading

Posted in Books, Community, Lord of the Rings, Theme, Tolkien | Tagged , , , , | 8 Comments

Arkham LCG Card Search and A Call For Support

With the release of Arkham Horror: The Card Game almost nigh, I have been a busy bear. As some may have noticed, the Hall of Beorn card search has expanded to include both of Fantasy Flight’s Cooperative Living Card Games. You … Continue reading

Posted in Arkham Horror, Community, Hall of Beorn Card Search, News, OCTGN, Patreon | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 15 Comments

Redemption at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields!

This week I rejoined Brandon, Sean and Chad on the Cardboard of the Rings Twitch for our second attempt at a four player game of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. With power decks in hand, we narrowly held off the … Continue reading

Posted in Aggro, Cardboard of the Rings, Community, Fun, OCTGN, Strategy, The Grey Company, Twitch, Videos | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields was a Massacre

I was fortunate enough to join the guys from Cardboard of the Rings on Twitch for an epic game of The Battle of the Pelennor Fields. I brought one of my favorite support decks which features Beorn, Bifur and Mablung. This … Continue reading

Posted in Cardboard of the Rings, Community, Deck Lists, Multiplayer, OCTGN, Screenshot, Strategy, Twitch, Videos | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Bear Draft v3: Card Pool

Over the long weekend, the Austin LotR LCG group met and we had the opportunity to test the latest version of the Bear Draft. For the first time, we included the optional Signature Squad rules which I detailed in an earlier post. Being … Continue reading

Posted in Card Lists, Community, Draft, Fun | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 4 Comments

Bear Draft v3: Havens

The sheer volume of media based upon, or at least loosely inspired by, Tolkien’s writing is impressive. It speaks to the depth and detail of Tolkien’s world that there can be so many different, not to mention excellent, interpretations of … Continue reading

Posted in Card Lists, Community, Deck Building, Fun, Game Variant, Strategy, Theme | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 16 Comments